Are you an artist? Do you like to create music?
Music is the one common thing amongst most of the people. Who doesn’t listen to music?
Music helps to reduce stress, anxiety, and pain.
When I was younger I was not much of a music person. I guess that then I didn’t have anything to worry about.
One fine day where I was Surfing the internet I came across this genre of music called EDM.
I fell in love with EDM at the same moment I wanted to know everything about it I started to learn more and more about EDM.
So this was how I came across Garageband and it changed my life. Making Music with Garageband became my new hobby.
What is Garageband? Everything you need to know
Garageband is developed by Apple for iPhone, iPad, and Mac but we can use Garageband windows with the help of an additional software.
With the help of garageband, you can create amazing music as well as recreate popular music. Garageband is popular amongst ever music lover.
Garageband for Windows
It is a great software. Lots of musical instruments are available in Garageband which make it super easy to create music from scratch.
For everyone who is interested in music and songs, there is an app which is free music software called GarageBand.
It is the best free music making software. It is also the best free beat making software tool.
Garageband for PC can also be used to create music by mixing them like the DJ’s. It comes packed in with a lot of features.
- It has an audio recording feature which allows it to record audio you can also record it with the microphone.
- It easily allows you to create your own music and play according to your convenience.
- One of the important features is that it provides you the virtual instruments to compose the tune. You may use the virtual keyboard through USB cable.
- You may use it for sharing purpose with your friends over the internet.
- There are great effects present for guitar on GarageBand for pc and easily you may track the voices using a stimulated amplifier, stompboxes, effects processor and so on.
- Another feature of GarageBand for pc is creating loops for audio clipping and beats for your DJ songs. Although, it has another support compatibility with Remix-FX, DJ-Styles.
- Garageband windows also give you the backup facility directly through iCloud for your edited songs.
Okay now let’s start the tutorial on how to install garageband on windows.
- Computer Running Windows 10, Windows 7 or Windows XP
- Internet Connection
- 500 MB Hard Disk Space
So let’s see the various methods for garage band free download:
Garageband for windows is official?
Sorry, but it is only available for iOS and Mac OS devices because it is an Apple exclusive software. But don’t worry we have found some methods to grab the GarageBand for pc.
They are very simple methods just you have read it and perform according to it. We are here with the GarageBand free download for windows. I hope you will get it.
Method 1: Garageband for PC using Garageband Alternatives (Recommended)
Well, Garageband is not the only software of its kind, there are tons of other software which can do the same task as Garageband and in fact much better than it.
Some of these are paid and others are free. Also, they are available for different platforms such as Windows, Linux etc.
They are used by professional music makers, music producers, and DJ’s. They are reliable and have lots of functions.
You may run the GarageBand for windows through an emulator called Blustacks, but there are several GarageBand alternatives for windows which are similar in function, have better features and you may easily install on your desktop or laptop.
FL Studio comes with the best interface and great features used by professionals to create and edit music.
This is an awesome music creation application available on the windows platform and iDevices like Mac and iOS. It is easy to use and most usable digital audio workstation (DAW). Using this app you can create and edit music.
Key features of FL Studio:
- It has a lot of plugins which are free.
- Various sound effects like the chorus, equalization, compression, flanger and much more.
- Multiple arrangements help you switch between different arrangements.
- Over 20 plugins are free of cost.
- You can hide grouped tracks.
- A special plugin called “VFX Level Scaler” to scale note from real time.
Mixcraft is a recording tracker available for windows platform and. It has high-end features like group mixing, live performance, recording panel and much more.
It comprises of three versions and they are Mixcraft Home Studio, Mixcraft Recording Studio, and Mixcraft Pro Studio.
Key features of Mixcraft:
- Various loops and song kits are there for easy creation.
- Easy commands and good User Interface.
- MIDI record on more than one feature.
- VSI supports so that you can play in a sequence and record with MIDI data.
- Tempo matching for matching prerecorded audio with present project.
- Live performance with recording panel, creating your own mixes, MIDI clips, and high-end performance.
- Creating beats, music mash-ups, editing music with piano roll editor and use of narration editor to score.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10 (32 or 64 bit)
Another great application of music is the reaper. It is a great garageband alternative and it comes in one of my favorite lists. It is also free music maker software and very useful app. You can even layer the tracks and edit it efficient manner. You can also add special effects to it so to look better. The advantage of using reaper is having its least price other than like Cubase, Ableton which use to charge a higher amount.
Key features of Reaper:
- Various kinds of plugins and some software included.
- You can easily edit video and view in separate window mode.
- Contact support from reaper to clear your doubts.
- Subprojects is a feature to embed other projects.
- Highly configurable and scripting editor.
- Windows 32-bit & 64-bit (Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10)
- OS X 32-bit & 64-bit (OS X 10.5-10.13)
- Linux (Linux i686 /Linux x86_64 /Linux armv7l)
It is a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) and a good way to create music of your choice. Ableton live covers almost everything that you need to create music. It is available on different platforms like Windows and MacOS.
Key features of Ableton Live:
- Various live instruments and sound effect you can put.
- Unique composition, well- featured hard and flexible performance with the unlimited session.
- A large collection of looping library is present.
- You can play live instances with iOS apps.
- Well, support from third parties.
- 64-Bit Windows 7 / 8.x / 10
- OS X 10.11 / macOS Sierra / macOS High Sierra
It is one of the most popular application to make music. In addition, to create music, it provides lots of tools for free through which you can easily create and test your music performance. If music is your passion then you should definitely go for it.
Key features of Cubase:
- An audio engine of Steinberg with 192 kHz and 5.1 surround and flexible creation.
- Instruments like HALion Sonic workstation
- Mixconsole for advanced mixing and creating high-end beats.
- An unlimited number of audio tracks, MIDI and instruments with up to 256 inputs available.
- VST instrument rack with various instrumental slots.
- Compositional tools like chord pads, chord tracks for voicings.
- 64-Bit Windows 7 / 8.x / 10
- OS X 10.11 / macOS Sierra / macOS High Sierra
Stagelight(Free with in-app purchases)
Stagelight is a great application to create music. It comes with a special feature which is a live mode effect. Moreover, it is available on different platforms like Windows, Android, and Mac OS devices. Anything like creating loops, beats, mix loops, and vocal tracks are easily done through it.
Key features of Stagelight:
- An unlimited number of instruments available for free.
- You get various tutorials to operate its functionality.
- You can play the piano to test your skills with Stagelight.
- Loop builder is the feature through which you make music quickly.
- Virtual instruments like drum, keyboards, effects engine, and MIDI support.
Sonar is a small Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) but as powerful as Garageband. It is a very good application to work on music. You can get this from Cakewalk for 30 days free. I would suggest that you use it before purchasing it.
Key features of Sonar:
- A well third-party support from the application.
- Automation is there which is free of cost.
- Creating high-end music with less time in the studio or home.
- Sonar amps and effects are most powerful with guitar and bass tones.
- Vocals are never easy to create but with sonar, you can create a perfect vocal with perfection.
- Patterns, loops, tweaking live drums with professional instruments.
- Windows x64 (Only)
Linux MultiMedia Studio (Free)
LMMS is a free digital audio workstation (DAW) which is created by professional musicians to run quality music tracks. It is available on different platforms like Windows, Linux, and Apple OS. This is free
of cost and it provides you a simple user-interface for composing music and songs according to your criteria. It provides various musical instruments, different effective plugins, samples, beat modes to create your own music.
It is compatible with many standards like SoundFont2, MIDI, LADSPA, and many more.
Key features of LMMS:
- Best and simple user-interface for controlling.
- You can compose unlimited songs of your choice.
- Support of MIDI in importing and exporting.
- FX fixer and FX channels for various effects.
- It provides a piano-roll to edit patterns and melodies.
- It has its own sharing platform like presets, free themes, tutorials and much more.
Audio Tool (Free)
Want to create music for free? Then, the audio tool is number seven on my list. It is an amazing online music production to create music. You can easily use it from your browser.
Key features of Audio Tool:
- All your tracks and samples will be stored in the server. You can easily access it with your browser.
- You can find a lot of tutorials on the website if you are a beginner.
- You can promote your sounds and tracks to the community.
- There are a lot of samples and presets that you can use from the community library.
- Master output feature to deal with overall creation and performance and mixed stereo signal.
Works online in Web Browser, so it can work in any Operating System.
Music Maker Jam (Free with in-app purchases)
If you are passionate about the music, then it is the best choice to use this application. It also comes with the best free music making software.
It also has several genres and if you want more, you may purchase it. Music Maker Jam is available for windows platform and iOS devices too.
You may choose your different music styles and manage creativity according to your convenience.
Key features of Music Maker Jam:
- You can create music very Fastly and Efficiently.
- Mixing up with different music styles.
- Greater control over the music.
- You can easily share with your community.
- 8-Channel mixer is a great way for mixing.
Method 2: Using iPadian to Download Garageband for Windows Free
It is a famous iOS emulator and you can download for free. Just follow these steps below here:
- Download iPadian emulator.
- After completion of download complete the installation process.
- Now open emulator and start searching GarageBand for windows in the app store.
- Once you have found it click on download button.
- Now install it and enjoy the application.
Do you know? You can use garageband for android too.
Method 3: GarageBand download for pc using Bluestacks
It is an app player or an emulator which is very helpful to run the android features and on this, you will be able to use GarageBand on pc. You may even use Youwave it is similar to Bluestacks.
The windows GarageBand may or may not work on Bluestacks at a time but worth to try. All the best! if you are lucky enough to get garage band for windows you will get it no time.
So, just follow these steps and you are good to go!
- First of all download Bluestacks.
- Open it and install Bluestacks on Windows pc.
- Now run the emulator on Windows.
- Next, sign in Google account and if you are not having an account then make an account first and proceed further.
- Once you have signed in then go for the search button.
- Type Garageband in the search bar.
- Then install the Garageband application on windows.
Now, you are all set to use Garageband for pc. Just, you need the run the emulator and use the Garageband app. Start composing your own music here and fulfill your dreams.
Method 4: Using Chrome remote desktop extension
I think you are familiar with lots of extensions these days. But are you aware that you can even run Garageband for windows using an extension too?
But this method works only if you have a Mac computer. You need to download the chrome remote desktop extension for Mac computer and as well as for your PC.
So, here we go…
- Download the chrome remote desktop extension.
- Now, on your Mac computer enable Chrome Remote Desktop and accept all the permissions.
- One message will prompt to share your computer, so simply share it and make a note of code.
- Then. open your computer and run the remote desktop.
- Now, permit all the permissions and simply paste the code of which you have just make a note of.
- Connect it and you will have access to it.
Here, you’re done with it. Now, you can run GarageBand on your windows. So, start creating your own music there and enjoy it.
I think you got an idea about this great app and surely work according to it. I hope Garageband for windows free methods you work for you.
If you really want to highlight your music skills then it will lead you to the top of the world. Although, if you have any query regarding this application please let me know in the comment box.